Sunday 26 October 2014

Top Four Blogging Tips to Get Readers

So many new bloggers go, 'I wish I has more readers. I've written a post, why is no one commenting?'. It's kind of a bit silly. They don't seem to realise that there is more that they have to do to get people interested.

You can't just go 'I've got a post, I will just sit back and wait for readers'. Now I don't have a big blog, so I can't really say how to get popular and huge, but I can tell you a few tips to get some visitors.

My first one is visit other blogs. Leave comments, follow. But please, don't just say, 'please follow me' or something like that. Think about your comment carefully.

Find something interesting in the post your commenting to comment on. Don't just say 'great post'. Say something in particular liked about it. Say it was a fashion post, you could say something like 'I loved the second out fit best. The sweater is so cute! You're fashion sense is the same as mine:)'. Isn't this so much for interesting and intriguing?

You should try to this whenever you comment. But it's most important when leaving your first comment on a blog because that will people's first impression of you.

The first example will make you think of someone who only cares about themselves, not the post or the blog they're visiting and only wants readers and will never come back.

The second comment is likely to make you think that the person is interested in your blog and that they really want to read more. You're more likely to visit the blog of the second commenter.

You can leave a link to your blog at the end of your comment if you want though. It makes it easier for people to find your blog. Just try from refraining from asking people to follow you. It really annoys them.

My second tip is to write. Don't go a post a million posts a day and then nothing the next day. What I mean is be constant. You don't have to write every day (that's a lot of work), but try to write fairly often.

If you only post once every few months than people won't find it worth following or reading your blog.

But if you write twice a week or so, people will see you have constant content and it's worth following because there will be something new for them to read often.

Another thing to think about is what you're posting. You don't want just to post an image an a small caption like 'isn't this so funny?'.

Try thinking about what you would like to read. Whether you would find this post interesting. If you don't think you would, don't post it.

Take time of your posts. Don't do what's easiest for you. Do what is more interesting for your readers. They don't want just to see an image without anything interesting to go with it.

Tip number three is to write what interests you. Ultimately you're writing for yourself. If you don't enjoy writing your posts, then no one else will enjoy reading them.

Try to remember this when writing your posts. If you're thinking of having a themed blog, try to make your theme something that you're truly passionate. Like for me that's writing, for someone else it might be fashion or something totally different.

My fourth tip is to be yourself. Don't be like everyone else. Write your own style. Be yourself. Don't refrain from making cool jokes if they're you thing, just because you're afraid that people won't get them or will think you're weird.

The people you would want to read your blog are the ones that get the jokes and laugh over them with you.

Don't worry about other people. As said before, you're writing for yourself. Just have fun with it. You don't have to hide you're personality.

I hope this post helps you. These are all the big tips I have, but there are many other things you could do.

If you want to hear about some other things you could do to be a better blogger, try reading Catalina's Ideal Blogger series.

-Kat

20 comments :

  1. Thank you for the mention! I'll make sure to add this post in a link on my next piece of the series. I felt you really brought out some great perspectives on getting more readers- especially tip #4!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thank you so much: *blushes*

      Delete
  2. These are amazing tips! I will follow your advice, thank you Kat:)
    June

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing tips! I will definitely use these! I especially loved tip 3 and 4!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jollygirl. I'm glad you find them helpful.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful tips! You always post such interesting/helpful things! :)


    being-hidden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Jordy. That's the nicest thing that's been said to me today!

      Delete
  5. Following your advice Kat, thank you for the tips! X
    - June

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these tips! They are all so true. I remember seeing your first blog post a while back, and you've come such a long way in such a short time. Good on you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Oakstar! I cringe to think of my first posts. They were terrible. I'm glad you think I've improved:)

      Delete
  7. I love these tips! This post is so helpful :) I found your blog through Catalina Blue's, and I'm glad I did! xo

    MJ // www.littlepandacrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MJ! I couldn't believe it when Catalina told everyone about my blog. She's one of my idol bloggers:)

      Delete
  8. These totally are GOLD tips. I had no idea when I started blogging that I had to go look for people. I just waited for them to stumble upon my blog. And that took forever. Heeehe. So yes! Getting out there and interacting with other bloggers is my #1 tip for newbies!! Not spammy comments, but actually trying to make friends and be friendly and awesome. And have fun! Be fabulous! It's totally worth it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! Your blog is one I always that I look up to. I wish my blog was like yours, but not to be like you, but because you're awesome!

      Delete
  9. Those are some great tips :)
    I try to leave comments more often, but I always forget and end up feeling bad...
    I think your last tip is the best. I tried to be a different blogger for a long time and I've only recently found my voice and style. Still, I'll always be asking myself how I can be a better blogger and your tips are really helpful :)
    Thanks for writing this great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Finding your voice isn't about forcing it, but writing what comes naturally. You just have to do you own thing and forget about what everyone else is doing!

      Delete
  10. Great tips! These are great for new bloggers! Mind if I link to you in a future BBK post? I get these questions a lot from new bloggers I help, so these are perfect.

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Of course you can! I'd be honoured:)

      Delete

If posts are the brain of a blog...then comments are it's heart - Neal Kind